A note on the Dapple versioning policy: Builds with even minor numbers are considered releases or release candidates (e.g. 1.0.4, 1.0.6 and 1.0.8). Odd numbered released are used for developer testing and distribution (e.g. 1.0.5 and 1.0.7).
- This release addresses a variety of bugs
- Dapple now runs on Windows 7
- Browser maps are now included as layers in the DAP Server tree
Upgrades to existing Features
- Dapple now loads faster
- Corrected the freezing issue when using Dapple Search
- Improved both functionality and usability of the Server tree
- Dataset and Server counts are now differentiated at the node level
- Dapple icons have been upgraded
- Fixed a variety of bugs
- KML and KMZ files can be opened using File->Open KML/KMZ File...
- Added support for ArcIMS servers
- Added Region of Interest drop-down selection
- Added list view of servers
- Added integration with Geosoft's Dapple Search service
- Added support for viewing DAP server browser maps
- Added drag-and-drop support for adding/reordering data layers
- Added history of most recently used search terms
- Added support for favourite servers (the favourite server is automatically expanded on startup and when performing a search)
- Added ability to disable a server instead of just removing it from the server tree
Upgrades to Existing Features
- Moved metadata display to be part of the main window instead of a context menu option
- Changed the behaviour of the overview control. It no longer reflects the spin/tilt of the camera. (The displayed area reflects the bounding box used when performing searches)
- Changed the order of tile downloads so that maps appear to download faster
- Opening a Dapple view now merges the current server tree with the view's server tree instead of overwriting the current server tree
- DAP server tile caches are now cleared on startup if Dapple detects that newer tiles are available
- Fixed crash when sunshading was enabled
- Fixed error message when attempting to add a secure server (one starting with https://
- Fixed crash when Dapple downloads a corrupt tile image, displays a red 'X' tile instead
- Fix a couple of strange bugs on Windows regional settings other than English.
- Fix crashes in Dapple in cases where the cache directory may be missing after last run (e.g. cache on USB drive, substituted drives etc.)
- A number of fixes to the GeoTIFF export feature which would sometimes fail depending on latitude and export resolution.
- Overview control had an overly aggressive timer. This caused Dapple to be virtually unusable on old systems (found on 1.2 GHz Athlon 512MB) because application would never be idle. After fix Dapple is completely usable again.
- Fix Dapple install issues by removing DAP SecureClient binaries from install and providing it as separate install where needed.
New Features and Changes
- Improves appearance of global DAP layers by using smaller maximum for level zero tiles.
- New DAP active directory features was missing an XCeed dependency in install.
- Fix intermittent missing layers in exports.
New Features and Changes
- Added Geologic Survey of Canada DAP server to the default server set.
- Support for new ActiveDirectory authenticated tokens functionality accessing Secure DAP servers.
- Handle unicode characters in web response streams without truncating strings.
- Fix crash on timeouts during DAP tile downloading.
- This hotfix release provides a bugfix for crashes during startup on certain systems introduced by 1.0.10.
- Fix crash that occured fairly often, especially looking at Dapple views with many layers and downloads in progress.
- Failed WMS catalogs could not be removed from the tree.
- Refresh overview window contents when resized horizontally.
New Features and Changes
- Improve the estimation of current view extents (visually apparent with the red area on the overview map) which improves GeoTIFF export accuracy as well as filtering of datasets to what is visible in the view.
- Get rid of the home view concept and solve problems with people loosing servers they last worked with by always opening the last view. The question presented to the user still asks whether they want to see the last view or not (with an option to not ask again/control in the settings menu). When they say "yes" both the servers and the layers are loaded and the camera view point is changed. On "No" it just loads the last servers without the layers and does not change the camera view.
- Added support for GeoTIFF files with georeferenced coordinate systems which are equivalent to WGS 84 for Dapple display purposes (e.g. NAD83).
- Enhancements to the server tree inside Dapple to give better visual feedback and unclutter the tree view during browsing of catalogs. The tree collapses and expands as necessary and gives visual clues as to where and how many results (WMS and DAP) are available bot during searches and unfiltered browsing. For 6.3.1 DAP servers this should also allow for offline usage of Dapple and viewing of DAP layers in the cache.
- Unfortunately DAP layers in Dapple views from previous Dapple release will no longer
load because of a change in the format which was needed to implement the server tree changes. An appropriate message is displayed to the user during loading of views with old layers.
- Fix communication with DAP and WMS servers through proxy servers by making sure that the proxy options are used in all communications.
- Broken WMS catalogs because XLink paths were not properly resolved during download time.
- Crash in WMS server code where layers with incomplete ImageFormats.
- Crash viewing corrupted metadata from servers.
- A couple of other minor bugfixes found during development.
- Install now supports Windows 2000
- New command line flag for displaying temporary GeoTIF files
- Better DAP dataset metadata stylesheet
- WMS server metadata includes dataset lists
- WMS individual dataset metadata support
- WMS capability URL problems
- False positive Win32.KME virus detection of listgeo.exe command line utility
- Fix abort refreshing/clearing WMS layer cache
- "Error in the application." exception some people are still getting in Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Reset